Scandinavian Ship Services
SIA Scandinavian Ship Services was founded in year 2001 and the idea of it is to cooperate to shipowners, from the various countries, in the matter of supplying them with high-qualified sea-staff personnel. Company is based in Liepaja, LATVIA. The city of Liepaja has a rich maritime history due to its geographical location. The growing and development of Port of Liepaja, Maritime Education Establishment-Maritime College of Liepaja, enormous number of seamen in Latvia, closeness to Maritime Regions as well as Russia, Lithuania, Estonia and Poland, with its seamen resources and, of course the general knowledge about their culture, language, customs - all this factors create possibility to select the personnel among huge number of candidates.
Please have a look into our homepage and see if we can satisfy your needs of the high-qualified personnel.
Each ship has its own crew specifications, and it is SIA Scandinavian Ship Services job to choose the right people with the right experience. We organize their contracts, negotiate wages, insurance, traveling and training, and making sure that budget requirements are met in the most economical and common sense way, without compromising the high standards demanded of each crewmember.
Heavy emphasis is placed on the character, ability, and commitment of crewmembers during their selection, and qualifications are monitored and upgraded continually.
It is a characteristic of "Scandinavian Ship Services SIA" crews that we have a high retention rate, thereby ensuring a stable crew pool on the vessels. We believe that this is one of the keys to the successful and safe operation of the ships we manage.
More in detail, crewing means that:
- We provide suitably qualified crew as required by the owners, and in accordance with the STCW 95 requirements,
- We are selecting and engaging the vessel's crew and providing payroll arrangements,
- We ensure that the application requirements of the law of the flag state are satisfied in respect of manning levels, rank, qualification and certification of the crew,
- We ensure that all members of the crew have passed a medical examination by authorized and qualified doctors,
- We ensure that the crew shall have a good command of English - sufficient to perform their duties safely.