Kopervik Ship Management
Kopervik Ship Management was founded in 1994 as a lifetime dream’s fulfillment of its owner Arne Skeie and has been growing ever since. When the first owner died in 2005, the fleet of 11 vessels was taken over by his daughter Kristine Skeie who is still running the company. The goal of Kopervik Ship Management is to constantly develop bearing in mind and adjusting to the special character of the shipping industry. In order to meet the market requirements, in 2013 the Technical and ISM departments were moved to Poland, to improve the flexibility, lower the cost and at the same time gain access to the valuable and experienced staff. Currently Kopervik’s fleet includes 22 general cargo vessels, 19 of them are fully or partially owned by the company, the remaining 3 are run under third party ship management. Despite the constant growth and global development, Kopervik Ship Management cherish the same values which laid the foundation for the original family business – trust, loyalty and friendship.
The main objectives for KSM managed vessels is to transport cargo over sea from shipper to receiver, in the most efficient way according to contract.
- Without any injury to personnel
- Without polluting the environment
- Without any damage to vessel
- Without any damage to cargo
- Without any damage to third party
- To our customers full satisfaction
Safety & Quality Policy
- The above shall be implemented by checking that all new recruited officers and crew have valid licenses and training certificates according to STCW. The Company checks references, experience and personal background, as well as actively uses assessment reports. Regular trainings, drills and safety equipment checks according to SEQS are implemented onboard.
- Vessels and all equipment are maintained according to manufacturers' recommendations and to the standards set by the Company.
- Voyages are planned well in advance and using all necessary means.
- KSM and operators give full and correct information and advice, as well as the Masters who report on regular basis in the correct and proper manner.
- Communication with Agents, Shippers and Receivers, Suppliers and Authorities is conducted in an honest and polite manner.
- Rules and regulations are monitored and implemented according to Flag State, Class, P&I, International and local Authorities.
- All non-conformities are reported and corrective actions are immediately undertaken.
- KSM follows up and monitor the implementation of the SEQS and encourage all employees to engage themselves according to KSM’s Manuals, procedures and standing orders.
- This policy requires all employees to recognize, be committed to and contribute actively to reducing activities, which could degrade the environment.
- KSM shall be in compliance with applicable laws in all our operations involving environmental harm. Commitment to compliance with both national and international environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements is under great focus of the Company.
- Continuous improvement and prevention of pollution are integral to every part of our business. The ISO 14001 Standard is helping us focus on improving our work and to pay even more attention to what we can do to prevent pollution from our ships and from the office.
- KSM shall establish specific targets and carry out measurement against such targets.
- KSM shall have an environmental program including continual improvement of our effort to minimize the impact on environment.
- Our company believes that solutions to most environmental problems lie in a combination of appropriate technology, the human factor, financial resources and proper management.
- Our efforts will therefore reflect our belief that concern for the environment will represent an important competitive and economic factor in the future.
- We shall encourage our clients, customers and other companies or persons to take responsibility in environmental care.
- On all KSM vessels smoking of cigarettes and tobacco is prohibited inside of accommodation, except of designated smoking room if available.
Wały Piastowskie 1/1505
Kopervik Ship Management AS